Why is mental health important?
• Youth learn best when they feel good about themselves and their relationships with others.
• Youth who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior.
• We know that stress can affect focus and learning, but its impact can be reduced with proven self-regulation strategies.
• Schools, parents, and communities that communicate and collaborate provide the most effective support to children.
• Attitudes formed early on shape future attitudes towards learning, self, and society.
The mental health team strives to provide each student with a safe, caring, and nurturing environment that fosters their unique talents and strengths, and helps them acquire the necessary attitudes, knowledge, and skills to be successful in their education and become well-rounded individuals.
To achieve this mental health services include:
• Individual Counseling
• Small Group Counseling
• Classroom Guidance Lessons
• Crisis Intervention
• Consulting with parents and teachers
• Coordination with outside agencies & therapists
• Referrals for community services
• School wide events
Areas to Support:
• Growth Mindset
• Stress Management
• Social Skills
• Conflict Resolution
• Emotional Regulation
• College & Career Readiness